Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Learning to Skate Along on Ice

Today my daughter and I went ice-skating. I've only tried it once or twice before, and my daughter has never done it. If Joel were here he would have taken her and I may or may not have gone. He loves to play ice-hockey and I know he would've loved to teach our daughter to skate, too. But today, I'm happy to say that I did it with her and we had fun. After only half an hour she was scooting along pretty quickly and by the end of an hour she and her friend we're doing a show for us (her friend's mom and me), dancing and turning on the ice.

She wants to go again tomorrow, but we have her brother's swim meet. Another day. I'm thinking we'll end up being regulars at the rink this winter. Whoo-Hoo!

It might be slippery and hard to balance sometimes, but look at what we can do when we stretch ourselves while we're acting as the single-parent?

No comments:

Post a Comment