Monday, March 24, 2014

Sunspots Revisited

This blog was started to help others see the brighter side of their lives. At first it was geared specifically for single parents, both divorced and still married, but with a spouse living very far away for a job, as was our situation for almost five years. I wanted to uplift them and show them they weren't alone. I wanted them to see that it's all in the point of view:

Imagine three people looking at a house. One is inside, one is in the front yard, and the other is in the backyard. They are all looking at the same house, yet their descriptions of that house will vary widely because of their POINT OF VIEW.

So,  I wrote about the benefits specific to being a single-parent. Nothing had changed. I was still a single parent with a husband who was only able to visit a few brief times per year, but I was putting a positive bent on everything I wrote about being a single-parent. After a time, I realized I would like to expand my audience to include...everyone. Why limit it to the single parents? So I changed the name to "Gina's Sunspots."

Yes, sunspots are actually dark areas on the sun, I know. I wanted to show people that though they may think their life is dark, look at the whole sun. It will change your life. A point of view can change what you see as your life. And because of that, you will draw happiness, contentment, fulfillment, joy into your life--just like the powerful magnetic fields of those sunspots. Sunspots in life are an opportunity to see how capable and tenacious you really are. Because you are. But so many of us wouldn't realize it without those difficult periods--those sunspots.

So whatever it is you are working through, or working on, keep at it. Don't give up. And remember to widen your lens and recognize the whole sun; you can't help but notice its true brilliance.

No comments:

Post a Comment