Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Look Who Else Says to Dance (not Ellen...but we know she does, too)

Literally, within a few hours of deciding to post my old Dancing Upside Down piece last night, I was in bed leafing through a book I had just bought as a gift for Nathan or for all of us as a family--I had not decided--which was why I was looking through it, to see if he would like it. It's called Daily Joy and is a book of 365 photos with inspirational quotes by some of my favorite people. The book was put out by National Geographic, one of Nate's favorite organizations, and the photos are stunning, of course. Each page is dated, and there, right at the start of the book (I opened up to it--it's for January 4), is a quote by Rumi: .

Dance, when you're broken open. 
Dance, if you've torn the bandage off.
Dance in the middle of fighting.
Dance in your blood.
Dance when you're perfectly free.





No comments:

Post a Comment